To aid learners in connecting key points in an EKG cycle with events in the human cardiac heart cycle
Teach heart anatomy
- Visually demonstrate blood flow through an adult human heart
Undergraduate physiology students
My role in the project
For my part I took on the challenge of animating the heart pumping, visualizing the flow of blood through the heart, and programming the application. To accomplish these tasks I used a combination of ZBrush, Maya, and Unity3D.
- Assisted group members in optimizing the heart model and creating UV, texture, and normal maps.
- Learned how to create blend shape animations within ZBrush by utilizing the layers function and exporting to Maya 2016.
- Developed a working knowledge of Maya's general interface.
- Created animated arrows to simulate the flow of blood using rigged models, IK splines, and spline animation.
- Refined C# programming skills.
- Created an augmented reality and touch control interface.
- Learned how to create a cross section effect using a combination of a camera clipping plane and an unlit shader.
- Explored creating 2D blood flow animations using the trail renderer particle effect, was ultimately scrapped in favor of 3D arrows.
- Researched methods of incorporating 2D animations into the project that can be played on a mobile device.