Interactive Radiography Courtroom Presentation
A team project with Matan Berson for a Medical Legal Visualization class.
- Desktop and iOS
- General public (jury members)
- To aid lawyers in presenting radiographic data to juries
- Display 2D data in the form of a 3D model
- Create an easy to use interface with logical information flow
- Create a 3D printed bone for display to the jury
My role in the project
I was tasked with creating the 3D assests and assisting in the wireframing, UX design, and programming. To accomplish my tasks I used a combination of 3D Slicer, ZBrush, Adobe Illustrator, and Unity3D.
- Used CT data provided to create a 3D model of the bone.
- The process I used can be seen in the Data Driven Models section of my website.
- Cleaned up the CT model to smooth stair stepping and remove artifacts.
- Polypainted textures.
- Generated UV, texture, and normal maps for Unity3D.
- Optimized model for running in Unity 3D.
- Designed a model optimized for 3D printing.
- Assisted in designing wireframes and UX / UI.
- Assisted in programming and layout of interface.
- Learned how to create a cross section using a clipping plane attached to a stationary camera.
- Explored the animation system in Unity to sync a clipping plane moving with slider running through CT images.